Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cinnamon sugar + pulled pork + champagne

Last Sunday, I had a little housewarming with the girls at my new place in Astoria. My friends trekked from Manhattan all the way out to the last stop on the N/Q train just to see me and I was thrilled to have them all over to see the new digs! It's been 2 months since we've moved in so the place is finally somewhat ready for show. I started the morning off running around like a madman from the gym to cleaning the apartment, to picking up champagne at 12pm when the liquor store opens for mimosa essentials...totally normal Sunday morning activities, of course. I also took it upon my self to find time to bake cinnamon sugar pumpkin muffins because every good host has something freshly baked right?! I'm no Martha Stewart but these came out pretty damn good! The apartment smelled wonderful too!


 


After pounding 2 bottles of champagne with a "splash" of OJ in approximately 30 minutes, we hopped in two taxis across Astoria (Yes, In Queens you have to "call" a taxi rather than hail on the street) and went over to MEXIBBQ on 30th Ave for their boozy brunch. I got eggs benedict with pulled pork on time HOLY COW.... That was way to much food paired with day drinking - or should I say holy pig?! All in all successful first outing with the girls in Astoria! More adventures to come!

xoxo
Nina 

No comments:

Post a Comment